Disclaimer

Welcome to my recipe blog! Please feel free to add comments. Most of these recipes are ones I have collected over the years and modified to suit my family. I have not knowingly infringed on any copyrights. All comments are appreciated!

Remember that we eat everything SPICY! If you don't, watch out for the red pepper, Tabasco and Ro-Tel tomatoes. Also, I won't apologize for the butter and/or bacon fat or anything else considered "unhealthy".

If you're gonna cook with me, be sure you have the "Cajun Trinity" on hand ... onion, bell pepper & celery. Laissez les bon temps rouler !!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Pork 'n Beans

One (1 pound, 15 ounce) can of pork and beans (total 31 oz.)
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup ketchup

Partially cook the bacon (until it browns slightly but isn't dark-crispy). Mix all ingredients -- beans, sugar, dry mustard, bacon with all the drippings (yes, every single drop), and ketchup into a greased casserole dish. Bake uncovered in a 325° F oven for 2-1/2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment