Disclaimer

Welcome to my recipe blog! Please feel free to add comments. Most of these recipes are ones I have collected over the years and modified to suit my family. I have not knowingly infringed on any copyrights. All comments are appreciated!

Remember that we eat everything SPICY! If you don't, watch out for the red pepper, Tabasco and Ro-Tel tomatoes. Also, I won't apologize for the butter and/or bacon fat or anything else considered "unhealthy".

If you're gonna cook with me, be sure you have the "Cajun Trinity" on hand ... onion, bell pepper & celery. Laissez les bon temps rouler !!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Banana Nut Cake

1 box yellow butter recipe cake mix
½ cup buttermilk
¾ cups Crisco oil
3 ripe bananas, smashed
4 eggs
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup nuts

Mix all ingredients. Grease & flour three (3) 9” pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

ICING

1 box powdered sugar
1 3 oz. Package cream cheese
1 stick margarine
Few drops of milk

Mix well. Ice tops & sides of 3 layer cake.  Put sliced bananas between layers, on top of icing.  Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment