Disclaimer

Welcome to my recipe blog! Please feel free to add comments. Most of these recipes are ones I have collected over the years and modified to suit my family. I have not knowingly infringed on any copyrights. All comments are appreciated!

Remember that we eat everything SPICY! If you don't, watch out for the red pepper, Tabasco and Ro-Tel tomatoes. Also, I won't apologize for the butter and/or bacon fat or anything else considered "unhealthy".

If you're gonna cook with me, be sure you have the "Cajun Trinity" on hand ... onion, bell pepper & celery. Laissez les bon temps rouler !!!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cheese Dip

Here's the first recipe!  Aunt Dianne's world famous cheese dip.

1 (2 lb.)  box Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes OR 1 cup picante sauce
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 stick butter
2 lbs. meat - cooked (I use 1 lb. ground beef + 1 lb. Owens sausage)

Put everything in a crock pot or slow cooker until cheese is melted and all is hot.  Serve with Doritos, Fritos or tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Always the party favorite!

    Love this one...I have made your recipe and added 1 can of drained pinto beans to it.

    My favorite dip!

    ReplyDelete